Your Second Source Team
New accounting standards and financial reporting requirements continue to grow in number and complexity, while in-house finance/accounting departments are not. What’s more, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) independence standards prohibit a company’s auditors from performing many of these necessary services to their clients.
A “second source” CPA firm with significant SEC experience can supplement in-house staff and work with a company’s management and its auditors to manage the overall process and stay on top of accounting standards, industry regulations and financial reporting requirements. Our partners and senior management team have significant Big 4 experience, including working with close to 100 publicly traded and pre-emergent companies.
We provide the quality, full-service support you need at a reasonable cost. As an area leader in SEC advisory services, our team works with more than a dozen publicly traded and pre-emergent companies
- Accounting research solutions including writing/reviewing accounting policies and technical research memos to support the company’s position
- Assistance with the adoption of new accounting standards including resolving implementation issues
- Temporary staffing solutions for specific projects or upcoming deadlines
- Preparation/review of quarterly Form 10-Qs and annual Form 10-Ks
- Assistance with documenting and evaluating internal controls
A registered member of the PCAOB, BMF has worked extensively with publicly held companies throughout the region, collaborating with each of the Big Four firms on their audit clients as independent advisors.
How we can help you
- ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48)
- Executive tax preparation
- Interim director of tax
- Pre-close tax services
- Tax due diligence
- Tax outsourcing
- Tax planning
- Internal audit outsourcing
- Internal control evaluation
- New standard implementation
- SEC reporting
- SEC/GAAP research