Staff Highlights – Spring 2019
To support the continued growth of our practice, we are pleased to announce the following additions to our professional staff:
- Kristian Barr, CPA, MSA joins our Akron office as senior manager in audit. A Kent State University alumnus, Kristian spent the first 13 years of his accounting career at a large regional firm where he provided strategic planning services to national and international middle-market companies in the manufacturing, distribution, healthcare and services industries. Prior to BMF, Kristian served as the Corporate Controller for Atlantic Tool & Die where he realized that public accounting is where his skills and passion best fit. We’re glad you did!
- Kelly Harrington joins our Akron office as a staff accountant in audit. Kelly interned with our audit team and participated in our 2017 Summer Leadership Experience. She graduated from Loyola University Maryland where she was an Outdoor Adventure Trip Leader. In addition to interning with us, she’s completed accounting internships with Laszeray Technology and ZOOK Enterprises.
- Laura Lechko joins our Akron office as a senior accountant in tax. A graduate of Baldwin Wallace University, Laura spent much of her career with a local firm in Beachwood. Her expertise is complex 1040s for high net worth individuals, as well as C-corps and S-corps. Laura is known as a team player, always willing to help where needed.
We’re also excited for these significant community accomplishments:
- Joe Blaha has been re-elected as treasurer for Northeast Ohio Region of the Sports Car Club of America.
- Jim Bowen was named Executive Board Chair for St. Vincent-St. Mary High School.
- Keith Libman was appointed to serve on The Cuyahoga County Audit Committee, nominated by County Executive Armond Budish.
- Matt Mallinak was appointed to the board of directors of Keep Ohio Beautiful.
- Jim Merklin participated in a panel discussion for Insight Akron, and presented on the topic of Nonprofits: Hiring a New Executive Director for Diversity on Board.
- Cindy Mitchell presented at The University of Akron’s National Tax Conference; and presented to The Davey Tree Expert Company for their annual 401(k) day.
- Stephanie Smith was named an Ambassador for the Tallmadge Chamber of Commerce.
22 members of our staff proudly took the plunge at the 16th Annual Portage Lakes Polar Bear Club in support of the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank‘s Harvest for Hunger campaign! A big shout out to our new interns who participated this year – literally “jumping in” with both feet first! This event is just a small part of our 2019 Harvest For Hunger campaign that supports both Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank and Greater Cleveland Food Bank. Stay tuned for more fun events and activities to support these wonderful organizations! Check out our pictures on Facebook.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information delivered to your inbox.