Staff Highlights – Winter 2020
BMF was a recipient of the 2019 Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community Service.
We are completely humbled and honored by this recognition and congratulate all the honorees of this prestigious recognition.
Join us in welcoming the following additions to our professional staff.
- Alison Stem returns to BMF as a manager in Transaction Advisory Services. Ali spent 4 years at BMF in our A&A department after graduating from Kent State University, then shifted to an internal audit role with FirstMerit Bank. She most recently spent 2.5 years at a regional firm as Engagement Director for their Custom Accounting Solutions team. Welcome back, Ali!
- Lauren Steenrod joins our Akron office as a staff accountant in our Small Business/Outsourced Accounting group. Lauren graduated from Kent State University with both accounting and finance degrees and spent time at a local healthcare consulting company where she gained valuable accounting experience.
- Naomi Reategui joins our Akron office as an audit staff accountant after working and interning at both national and regional firms and most recently serving as a compliance auditor at KeyBank. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Dayton.
- Jen Tompkins, CPA joins our Akron office as a part-time senior accountant in our Business Advisory service group. She spent the first 10 years of her career in A&A at a Big 4 firm, then raised kids at home while volunteering as Treasurer for the local school system and business consulting utilizing QuickBooks.
Check out all the great things we’ve been up to these past few months!
- Melissa Dunham and Cindy Mitchell presented to more than 50 attendees at our annual Tax Seminar on November 1st. They addressed the 2019 tax landscape, discussed the trajectory for 2020 and beyond for State & Local, Federal and International developments, and addressed the critical need for cybersecurity awareness with finance professionals.
- Bryan Smith earned the CompTIA Security+ certification. This certification recognizes demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to perform core cybersecurity functions required of any cybersecurity role. Individuals holding this certificate are able to identify and address potential threats, attacks and vulnerabilities and have established techniques in risk management, intrusion detection and mitigation.
- John Jenkins was elected to treasurer of the National Center for Choreography at The University of Akron.
- Karyn Kail was appointed to the board of One of A Kind Pet Rescue.
- Megan Kishman was named chair of the St. Raphael Parish Evening Mom’s Reflection Group.
- Mindy Marsden served as chair of the 2019 ACG Cup® Cleveland, a case study competition for leading MBA students across the country to experience real-world experience and insight into the M&A world.
- Cindy Mitchell was elected treasurer of Victim Assistance Program. She also presented on fiduciary taxation for the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s 46th Annual Estate Planning Institute, and was a guest lecturer on Executive Compensation for The University of Akron’s Masters of Tax course.
- Bryan Smith spoke at the Information Security Summit on Top 5 Quick Wins in Cybersecurity Essentials – a peer talk about succeeding in cybersecurity.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information delivered to your inbox.