John E. Jenkins
Since joining BMF in 2013 after spending significant time in the “Big Four,” John has served clients as a trusted advisor on tax planning strategies, compliance matters and company acquisition and selling scenarios. His expertise spans from federal, multi-state and international tax compliance, buyout transaction and tax due diligence consulting and tax planning strategies for large C-corporations and closely held family businesses. He provides tax compliance and consulting solutions to public, private equity, middle-market and high growth clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, technology, real estate, and service.
While tax strategy forms the core of client engagements for him and his staff, John recognizes that his impact extends beyond financial and tax matters to encompass a greater responsibility to act as a business driver for clients. John has performed many interesting due diligence projects, working with business owners and private equity firms to help align their personal and business goals during a sale or business acquisition. John is also involved in a variety of activities within the firm, including serving as a team champion for the Lean Six Sigma tax initiative, which strives to drive greater efficiency and improved client experience across the firm’s tax process. With the accelerating pace of tax policy and tax reform measures adding tremendous complexity to his work, John understands that his role as tax advisor requires him to serve as a resource for both staff and clients who are trying to comprehend policy changes matters, and how to ensure compliance.
John graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Mount Union College and is active in a variety of community organizations, including DANCECleveland, Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Federal, Multi‐State and International Tax Compliance
- ASC 740 Tax Accrual Reviews
- Transaction Cost Reviews
- Private Equity Buyout Transactions and Due Diligence Inquiries
- Private Equity Portfolio Company Tax Minimization
- C corporations, S corporations, LLCs and partnerships
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting, Mount Union College, cum laude
- Certified Public Accountant
Professional Service Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
Civic Memberships and Activities
- DANCECleveland, board member and treasurer
- Leadership Akron, Class 36, 2020
- National Center for Choreography, Akron, board member
- Immaculate Heart of Mary, finance council member
- Boy Scouts Troop 179, treasurer and outdoor & activity coordinator
- Akron Marathon, volunteer
The Employee Retention Credit (ERC) was enacted under the March 2020 CARES Act to encourage businesses to keep employees on their payroll and was extended to last until the end of 2021. On December 6, the IRS released IRS. Read More >>
With the bipartisan infrastructure bill expected to be signed into law on Monday, the Biden Administration continues to iron out the details of its Build Back Better framework. Both packages carry significant tax aspects, and we have highlighted the. Read More >>
Employee Retention Credit: Calculations, Wages, PPP Forgiveness and More – Guidance for Q3 and Beyond
The IRS released Notice 2021-49 on August 4, which amplifies and clarifies guidance from the two previous Employee Retention Credit (ERC) Notices (see here, and here) and provides additional guidance on the American Rescue Plan (ARP) extension of the. Read More >>
Great service and reliable. John is fantastic!