Staff Highlights – Spring 2023
We are excited to announce and welcome the following additions to our professional staff.
- Zach Bezon joins us as a Staff Accountant in our Tax department. After serving three tax season internships with us, he officially transitions to full-time after graduating from The University of Akron with his master’s in taxation! We are excited for Zach to continue his career with us and to continue bringing his talents to the BMF sand volleyball team this summer. Welcome to full-time, Zach!
- Quinton Farren obtained his bachelor’s degree from Baldwin Wallace University and served an internship during tax season. Quinton will officially transition to a full-time Staff Accountant in our Tax Department and recently joined our sand volleyball team. We are so glad you are continuing your career with us, Quinton!
- Tess Reed also interned with us during tax season and will transition to a full-time Staff Accountant in our Tax Department. She obtained her bachelor’s degree in finance from Kent State University and is completing the additional CPA-required courses at Cuyahoga Community College. We are so glad you’re sticking around and hope to see you on the sand volleyball court!
Staff & Community Updates
Help isn’t only defined in a business context. We encourage our teams to invest in our communities, each other, and ourselves. Here are some of the ways we’re enhancing our efforts to support our local charities by continuing our roles as nonprofit agency leaders and investing in our individual growth and development.
- Jonathan Abbotoy has earned the notable Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential. CFEs are trained professionals who possess a unique set of diverse skills in preventing, detecting and investigating fraud. They are respected in every industry, recognized around the world and feared by every fraudster.
- Rick Fedorovich has been unanimously recommended as the 2023-2024 chair-elect candidate of the Board of Directors for The Ohio Society of CPAs. Rick will serve as the Board’s Chair during the 2024-2025 year and then the Past Chair the following year. Rick was also honored as this year’s H. Peter Burg Economic Development Leadership Award recipient by the Greater Akron Chamber.
- Mindy Marsden was re-appointed to the Executive Committee of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Cleveland, a networking organization comprised of Northeast Ohio (NEO) professionals that engage in middle-market mergers and acquisitions and broader corporate finance.
Although the weather temperature was cool, there was no shortage of HOT events for #teamBMF! From our Knowledge & Networking event at OH SNAP! Photo Lab, Administrative Professional’s Day, Top Golf & 3D Mini Golf, and our post-Tax season celebration. These events allow us to disconnect from work and connect with each other.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information delivered to your inbox.