Staff Highlights – Winter 2023
We are proud supporters of United Way, which is evidenced year-over-year by our annual workplace campaign. In 2022, we exceeded our goal, raising more than $75K for United Way of Summit and Medina County and United Way of Greater Cleveland. But not only did we achieve our goal, we had 100% employee participation for the 16th year in a row! This accomplishment is unmatched by companies of our size.
We are excited to announce and welcome the following additions to our professional staff.
- David Askew, CPA, returns to BMF as a Manager in our Tax Practice. After spending three years at BMF, David expanded his Tax knowledge for the next four years at a Top 10 accounting firm before returning to #teamBMF. He currently lives in Copley with his four-year-old twins, who share a birthday with their dad. In his free time, David enjoys spending time with family and exploring local parks in the area. He is excited to reconnect with old and new colleagues and taking back his record for most jumps in the Portage Lakes Polar Plunge. Welcome back, David!
- Madison LaCourse completed an audit internship with us in 2022, and returns to BMF full-time as Audit Staff after completing her B.S. in Accounting from The University of Akron. In her free time, Maddy loves to knit, read and cheer on the Ohio State Buckeyes. She resides in Cuyahoga Falls and recently became a human guardian of two kittens, Luna and Casper. Welcome back, Maddy!
- Devan Peavy, joins us as a Senior Tax Accountant. Devan graduated from Ohio University in 2019 and has spent the last three years working in public accounting at a large regional firm. She is a life-long Clevelander and currently resides in Lyndhurst. In her free time, she enjoys watching lots of TV and movies and playing games with her friends, whether that be Dungeons and Dragons or on Xbox. One of her bucket-list items is to visit Japan one day. Welcome, Devan!
- Dennis “DJ” Petit, returns to BMF full time as Audit Staff. DJ completed both a tax internship during tax season and a summer audit internship with us in 2022, and recently graduated from Kent State University. When he isn’t working, DJ loves the outdoors and hunting, fishing, hiking or playing on the BMF volleyball team. He enjoys cheering on our Cleveland Browns team and is planning to get some chickens soon. Welcome back, DJ!
- Scott Serfozo, CPA, JD, joins as a Manger in Valuation Services. Scott brings more than five years of public accounting experience, primarily in the compliance sector, as well as a robust background in law. A lover of the outdoors, Scott enjoys camping and hiking, and would love to hike the Grand Canyon one day. He is an avid Ohio State Football fan and recently married this past fall. They reside in North Ridgeville with their husky and beagle pups. Welcome, Scott!
- Dane Sprague, joins us as an Audit Staff. Dane completed an internship with a real estate development company and recently graduated from Youngstown State University. When he isn’t cheering on his favorite team, the Alabama Crimson Tide, he loves to golf and play Magic the Gathering. Dane resides in Newton Falls with his two dogs, Storm and Stella and is excited to learn more about public accounting. Welcome, Dane!
- Robin Witkowski, a Supervisor in our Tax practice, brings more than 15 years of tax accounting experience, most of which was spent in the corporate sector where she focused on tax compliance, income tax provision and software implementation/administration. Robin loves to travel and enjoys biking and hiking in the Metroparks during the summer. Robin resides in North Royalton with her husband and likes to use her creative side with painting and refurbishing furniture in her spare time. Welcome, Robin!
Staff & Community Updates
Help isn’t just defined in a business context. We encourage our teams to invest in our communities, in each other and in ourselves. Here are some of the ways we’re enhancing our efforts to support our local charities by continuing our roles as nonprofit agency leaders and investing in our individual growth and development.
- Maddie Braun has joined the Leadership Council for Engage! Cleveland. The leadership council serves as advocates for other young professionals in the community by assisting in the planning and execution of programs and events and by promoting a positive YP experience in Cleveland.
- Dana Mountjoy has been appointed Treasurer for Main Street Wadsworth, which seeks to revitalize downtown Wadsworth through preservation-based economic development using Main Street America’s Four-Point Approach of Design, Economic Vitality, Promotion, and Organization.
- Stephanie Smith has been appointed to the board of ACCESS, Inc., which serves women and children experiencing homelessness and encourages women in the attainment of permanent housing through education, advocacy and empowerment.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information delivered to your inbox.