John A. Burgett
John is a seasoned tax professional with over a decade of experience specializing in state and local tax compliance and consulting for businesses. John’s expertise lies in preparing tax returns for C Corporations, S Corporations and Partnerships, including overseeing returns ranging from $10 million to $20 billion in annual sales.
With a client base comprised of businesses in manufacturing, construction, and services, John is adept at researching tax issues and providing tangible tax savings for his clients. He actively engages in tax planning, determining accurate estimates and offering strategic recommendations to optimize clients’ financial positions.
Serving as a mentor and leader, John is committed to developing the talent of staff professionals, assisting all client engagement teams with state and local technical knowledge, and sharing his expertise through internal seminars and mentorship programs.
- Income and franchise state tax audit defense
- Multi-state taxation of businesses
- Ohio Municipal Income Taxation
- State and local tax apportionment consulting
- State and local tax compliance services for businesses
- State tax nexus studies and voluntary disclosure agreements
- State tax effects on different corporate tax structures
- S Corporation and Partnership Tax Planning and Strategyort
- Master of Science in Accountancy, The University of Akron
- Bachelor of Business Administration, The University of Toledo
- Certified Public Accountant
Professional and Civic Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
In a 5-2 decision announced on February 14, the Ohio Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of a temporary state law allowing cities to collect taxes from remote employees who were working from home during tax year 2020, even if. Read More >>