Theodore A. Wagner
Industry & Service Expertise
Serving as Partner-in-Charge of BMF’s Taxation Services practice, Tod brings three decades of business management experience to the firm’s clients.
Tod delivers high-level advisory services to middle-market businesses and their owners in the areas of corporate and individual tax planning. In working with high net worth family groups and family offices, Tod helps clients align their personal, financial, charitable and legacy goals. His expertise also includes estate and succession planning, business valuation, and represents clients before taxing authorities.
As Partner-in-Charge of Taxation Services, Tod sets the vision and direction of the firm’s tax practice, ensuring that the firm’s expertise and resources are aligned with the current and future needs of our clients. Tod’s philosophy as a tax advisor extends beyond compliance and reporting to include a broader consultative approach that blends financial and business strategy needs into a tax strategy that aligns with the client’s personal and business goals.
Along with tax and financial planning, Tod has extensive expertise with mergers and acquisitions including tax diligence, business valuations, negotiation of deal terms, and innovative transaction structuring strategies.
Tod was with Arthur Andersen for nine years, and Libman, Goldstine, Kopperman & Wolf, Inc. for more than 13 years before merging with BMF in 2014. Tod became a member of the firm’s Executive Committee in January 2021.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Succession Planning
- Business Valuation
- Pass-Through Entities
- Trusts and Estates
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Miami University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
Professional Service Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, member
Civic Memberships and Activities
- Leadership Cleveland, Class of 2017
- Cleveland Zoological Society, board and executive committee member
- The City Mission, board president and past endowment foundation president
- Association for Corporate Growth, Cleveland, former board member and past president
- Harvest for Hunger, “Kitchen Cabinet” member
- Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management, past adjunct professor
- United Way of Cuyahoga County, former executive campaign cabinet member
view PDF Dear Clients, Friends and Community Partners, For the first time in over 25 years, our annual client letter has both a new look and a new voice. This is the first year we’re coming to you by. Read More >>
In addition to our new organizational leadership structure which took effect January 1, 2021, we have created a new Director role and appointed four leaders within the firm to hold these positions. Karen Costantini, Cindy Mitchell and Tara Shulas. Read More >>
We are pleased to announce that Keith J. Libman, CPA, has received the 2020 Gries Family Award for Community Leadership by the Jewish Federation of Cleveland. This prestigious award is presented annually to an outstanding leader who has made. Read More >>