Dale A. Ruther
CPA, CIT, CDS, CCIFP
Dale Ruther has transitioned to the distinguished position of “Partner Emeritus.” While stepping back from his day-to-day responsibilities, he remains actively engaged in leveraging his exceptional expertise in various specialties to support our clients and the firm.
Throughout his illustrious career, Dale has been a key player in providing comprehensive audit, tax and advisory services across diverse industries. As a practice leader for our Construction Services Group, he possesses unparalleled experience in contract accounting, spanning both the audit and tax domains. Additionally, Dale’s proficiency extends to construction claims, incentive performance pay packages for executives and field personnel, performance measurement systems, mergers and acquisitions, and job costing system analyses.
Dale continues to offer his valuable insights into OMB A-133 compliance, compensation strategies for tax-exempt organizations, benchmarking and performance measurement systems. Furthermore, he remains a trusted advisor to several manufacturing and industrial product businesses represented by the firm.
Dale is an esteemed representative for several franchisees of diverse systems. His knowledge and expertise are sought-after, and he frequently shares his wisdom by presenting at the Buffalo Wings National Franchisee Association (BWNFA) business summit. There, he addresses various critical topics related to accounting, auditing, business and tax matters that significantly impact franchisees.
Having begun his journey with Main Hurdman (now KPMG Peat Marwick) and joining Bober Markey Fedorovich in 1982, Dale was elected partner in 1992. As he transitions to the prestigious role of “Partner Emeritus,” we are confident that his wealth of experience and specialty will continue to be an invaluable asset to our firm and our clients.
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting and management, Walsh University, magna cum laude
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Construction Industry Technician (CIT)
- Construction Document Specialist (CDS)
- Certified Construction Industry Finance Professional (CCIFP)
Professional and Civic Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- Construction Financial Management Association’s (CFMA), national tax and legislation committee
- Northern Ohio CFMA chapter, past president
- Stephen A. Comunale Jr. Charitable Foundation, treasurer
- Boys and Girls Club of the Western Reserve, board member
- Big Brothers and Sisters, honorary board member
- AICPA instructor for construction and nonprofit accounting and taxation on a national level
Awards and Accolades
- United Way of Summit County, Community Builder Award recipient 2009
Yesterday, the SBA announced that applications will be opened beginning Friday, April 30, 2021. Registration for the program will open at 9 a.m. EST on April 30, with the doors opening for application submissions starting at noon EST on. Read More >>
As we’ve now surpassed the one-year mark since the global pandemic first began, it’s hard to deny that the restaurant industry has been one of the hardest-hit sectors during this time. The Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) relief program was. Read More >>
There has been a flurry of activity since late December and changes are still occurring. The second round of PPP funding; expansion of the Employee Retention Credit (ERC); various introductions of new and/or updated forms; interpretations for calculating revenue. Read More >>