Dale A. Ruther
CPA, CIT, CDS, CCIFP
Industry & Service Expertise
Dale Ruther focuses on providing audit, taxation and advisory services to clients in a variety of industries.
As the practice leader for the firm’s Construction Services Group, his extensive experience includes contract accounting both on the audit and tax side, construction claims, incentive performance pay packages for executive and field personnel, performance measurement systems, mergers and acquisitions and job costing system analyses.
Dale is also the firm’s nonprofit practice leader with expertise in OMB A-133, compensation strategies for tax-exempt organizations, benchmarking and performance measurement systems. In addition, Dale represents a number of manufacturing and industrial product businesses within the firm.
Dale also represents a number of franchisees of various systems. He presents annually at the Buffalo Wings National Franchise Association business summit on various accounting, auditing, business and tax topics that affect franchises.
Dale was with Main Hurdman Peat Marwick (now KPMG) before joining Bober Markey Fedorovich in 1982. He was elected partner in 1992.
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting and management, Walsh University, magna cum laude
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Construction Industry Technician (CIT)
- Construction Document Specialist (CDS)
- Certified Construction Industry Finance Professional (CCIFP)
Professional and Civic Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- Allinial Global, Construction Community of Practice, member
- Construction Financial Management Association’s (CFMA), national tax and legislation committee
- Northern Ohio CFMA chapter, past president
- Stephen A. Comunale Jr. Charitable Foundation, treasurer
- Boys and Girls Club of the Western Reserve, board member
- Big Brothers and Sisters, honorary board member
- AICPA instructor for construction and nonprofit accounting and taxation on a national level
Awards and Accolades
- United Way of Summit County, Community Builder Award recipient 2009
There has been a flurry of activity since late December and changes are still occurring. The second round of PPP funding; expansion of the Employee Retention Credit (ERC); various introductions of new and/or updated forms; interpretations for calculating revenue. Read More >>
The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (CAA) is a $2.3 trillion spending bill that combines $900 billion in stimulus relief for the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States, with a $1.4 trillion omnibus spending bill to fund the operation of. Read More >>
While forgiveness may be simplified for PPP loan borrowers of $50K or less, things may not be so simple for borrowers in excess of $2M. As we reported last week, the Small Business Administration (SBA) is expected to issue. Read More >>