Staff Highlights – Summer 2023
Welcome our newest partners!
BMF welcomes with pride and purpose, our newest partners, Melissa Dunham and James Skakun! READ MORE
We are excited to announce and welcome the following additions to our professional staff.
- Samantha Catlin joins us as a Senior Accountant in our tax department. Sam attended our Summer Leadership Experience in 2018, which solidified her interest in public accounting. In 2020, she graduated from Baldwin Wallace University with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. She spent the next three years at a national accounting firm, honing her knowledge of tax. She is a resident of Parma with her new fiancé and pup, Beau, and enjoys painting, drawing and cheering on Pittsburgh sports teams. Welcome to #teamBMF, Sam!
- Michael Dascenzo joins us as a Staff Accountant in our tax department after interning with us during the 2022 tax season. He is a graduate of Kent State University and has been keeping busy studying for the CPA exam. We are excited for him to continue his career with us and look forward to his contributions to the department and our firm. Welcome back, Mike!
- Adam Gatrell joins us as a Staff Accountant in our Audit department after serving a summer internship with us. He is a graduate of Kent State University and we are excited he will be continuing his career with us and participating in firm events. Welcome to full-time, Adam!
- Celeste Neal also interned with us during the 2022 busy season and will join the tax team as a Staff Accountant. She is a graduate of The Ohio State University and has been busy preparing for the CPA exam. We look forward to seeing her around the office again and watching her career growth. Welcome back, Celeste!
Staff & Community Updates
Help isn’t only defined in a business context. We encourage our teams to invest in our communities, each other and ourselves. Here are some of the ways we’re enhancing our efforts to support our local charities by continuing our roles as nonprofit agency leaders and investing in our individual growth and development.
- Jonathan Abbotoy has been recognized by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) as a 30 Under Thirty Honoree! This award recognizes professionals for their accomplishments to the profession and their communities and for their contributions yet to come.
- Devon LaRiccia has been appointed to the board of Engage! Cleveland, a community engagement organization focused on young professionals, emerging talent and business/community leaders who are passionate about making Cleveland a top destination for the next generation.
- Dana Mountjoy has been named a 30 for the Future award recipient by the Greater Akron Chamber. This award recognizes 30 professionals between the ages of 25-39 for their impact on our region early in their careers through leadership in their industry, active community engagement and optimism and vision for what can be in Greater Akron.
- Sara Martin has been selected as a Power of Change Honoree by the Ohio Society of CPAs Women’s Initiatives program. This award recognizes women who help women within the profession and in the business community. Only 12 women are selected each year.
It is with a great sense of pride and enthusiasm that we announce the following BMF associates that have been accepted into prestigious leadership programs. Their selection reflects their outstanding abilities, dedication and potential for growth. It also serves as a testament to the high caliber of professionals we have at BMF.
- Mindy Marsden has been selected for Leadership Cleveland’s Class of 2024.
- James Skakun has been selected for Leadership Akron’s Signature Class 40.
- Kevin Patrick has been selected for Cleveland Bridge Builders Class 2024.
- Jonathan Palay has been selected for OnBoard Cleveland Class 2024.
Their acceptance is not only a reflection of their exceptional talents but is also a testament to our organization’s dedication to personal growth and community betterment. Through these programs, they will gain invaluable knowledge, skills and connections that will benefit our workplace and our community.
BMF Lunch Bunch: Fostering Friendship, One Bite at a Time
Amidst the whirlwind of our busy schedules and diverse work locations, we’ve begun a new tradition at BMF that aims to bring smiles and create lasting memories. From interns to partners, we’ve organized small groups to connect over lunch (or breakfast) to get to know each other better, in person. As an organization that values the power of human connections, these delightful gatherings offer our extraordinary staff a chance to come together, share laughter and build bonds beyond the confines of our daily tasks. Check out this fun journey of moments and camaraderie that have blossomed over the summer during these lunchtime escapades, capturing the essence of our close-knit BMF family!
Stephanie E. Smith?>
About the Authors
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information delivered to your inbox.