Steve C. Swann
Industry & Service Expertise
Steve is a partner within BMF’s Transaction Advisory Services Group conducting engagements for buyers and investors from private equity groups, public companies, development groups and subordinated debt lenders. Steve also provides business valuation and litigation support services for the legal profession and other business entities.
- Transaction advisory services – extensive experience conducting financial due diligence including, but not limited to, quality of earnings analysis, quality of assets analysis, financial modeling and projection evaluations, purchase price and working capital adjustments.
- Financial advisory services – extensive experience preparing integrated and complex financial projections for various business purposes, such as the following: evaluating acquisition targets and impact of synergies; return on investment analysis; and, evaluating business performance by location, segment, and/or business line.
- Business valuation analysis – estate and gift tax, bankruptcy cases, family law, GAAP financial reporting, and M&A related valuations.
- Litigation / forensic accounting services – shareholder disputes, lost profits analysis, misappropriation of assets, and bankruptcy cases.
- Bachelor of Science in accounting, The University of Akron
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
Professional and Civic Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, member
- The Northeast Ohio Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Member
- Goodwill Industries of Akron, board member
Awards and Accolades
- 2015 40 Under 40 Emerging Leaders Award, The M&A Advisor
Social distancing. Remote workforces. Making payroll. Information overload. Running a business isn’t easy under ordinary circumstances, let alone during the unprecedented volatile economic environment driven by the COVID-19 crisis. We need to take care of each other and that. Read More >>
As seen in Crain’s Cleveland ACG Corporate Growth & M&A edition, January 2020 There are a myriad of diligence issues that can adversely impact purchase price and sometimes kill the deal. While there is no absolute on completely avoiding. Read More >>
Sometimes mergers and acquisitions don’t meet the expectations of the buyer and/or seller for a variety of reasons. In some cases, forecasted results contain unrealistic synergies or cost savings. In other cases, misrepresentations are made regarding the Company’s historical. Read More >>