Staff Highlights – Summer/Fall 2020
November 17, 2020 BMF InsightsMeet Our Team BMF
BMF has been recognized as a “2020 Best of the Best Firm” by INSIDE Public Accounting!
We are excited to announce the following additions and accomplishments of our professional staff.
- Evan Baschko, MSA, returns to our Akron office as an A&A Staff Accountant after completing our 2017 Summer Leadership Experience program and a three+-year internship. He graduated from the MSA program at John Carroll University in May 2020 and has been preparing for the CPA exam. Welcome back Evan!
- Dana Burgardt joins our Akron Office as an Administrative Assistant. Her most recent experience was with a family-owned CPA firm, providing administrative support to both audit and tax departments.
- Salvatore Corrao, MBA, CPA, joins our Akron office as a Staff Analyst in our Transaction Advisory Services group. After graduating from John Carroll University, he worked in the tax department at a Big 4 and regional firm and is excited to transition to advisory work.
- Jessica Martin, MTax, joins our Akron Office PERMANENTLY as a Tax Staff Accountant. After serving two years as an intern with us, she’s officially joining us full-time! Jess also recently completed her Master’s in Tax at The University of Akron and we’re excited she picked #teamBMF to continue her career!
- Nicholas Paul, MBA, joins our Cleveland office as a full-time Tax Staff Accountant after serving with us in an internship position for three years! Nick graduated in May with his MSA from John Carroll University and plans to prepare for the CPA exam over the next year.
- Ashley Starr, CFE, MSA, joins our Akron office as an A&A Senior Accountant. After completing her undergrad at Walsh University, Ashley obtained her MSA from Ohio Northern University while working at a local regional firm. In addition to more than 4 years’ experience in public accounting, she is a Certified Fraud Examiner and is currently pursuing her CPA.
- Allison Tanner-Gill, CPA, joins our Akron office as an A&A Senior Manager. Alison obtained her undergrad and MBA from John Carroll University and spent 14 years at a Big 4 firm where she served large and mid-sized public and private manufacturing clients. Allison is passionate about community involvement and has chaired several committees with the common goal of making the community a better place. Allison currently serves on the Finance Committee of the Beck Center for the Arts.
- Britni Wolff, MAcc, returns to our Akron office as an A&A Staff Accountant after completing our 2018 Summer Leadership Experience program and Hybrid Internship in 2019. She graduated in May 2020 from the MAcc program at Baldwin Wallace University and is currently pursuing the CPA Exam.
- Brittany Zeman joins our Akron office as a Tax Staff Accountant. After graduating from Kent State University in 2017, she spent the first few years of her accounting career at a local firm, where she focused on complex business returns and gained ProSystems experience.
Help isn’t just defined in a business context. We encourage our teams to invest in our communities, in each other and in ourselves. Here are some of the ways we’re enhancing our efforts to support our local charities by continuing our roles as nonprofit agency leaders and investing in our individual growth and development.
- Jim Bowen chaired the St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Strategic Planning Retreat.
- Rick Fedorovich was elected to the board of the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) and was named chair of the Cleveland Leadership Center board. Read more >>
- Keith Libman was named the recipient of the 2020 Gries Family Award for Community Leadership by the Jewish Federation of Cleveland. This prestigious award is presented annually to an outstanding leader who has made a lasting impact on the Jewish and general communities. Keith was also featured in the OSCPA e-newsletter CPA Takeaways highlighting accounting professionals throughout the state.
- Jim Merklin has been appointed by County Executive Ilene Shapiro as a member of the Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board.
- David Oby was selected to represent BMF as a member of the Young CPA (YCPA) Committee through the OSCPA. This group of Cleveland and Akron professionals plans fun networking and professional development events for YCPAs all across the city (currently virtually).
- Susan Russo was nominated for the Employee of Distinction Award, presented by Goodwill Industries of Akron, which provides employers the chance to recognize the contributions of outstanding employees.
- Stephanie Smith participated in a LinkedIn Live session with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants on the benefits of shifting to the recently announced .CPA domain. Stephanie also presented to the Stow-Munroe Falls Chamber’s Women2Women group on Intentional Networking: Building Relationships with Purpose and Confidence.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information delivered to your inbox.